The holiday season is just around the corner and nothing can beat some delicious food to bring out the festive mood. This brings us to discuss delicious beef stroganoff, which can be made at home with the help of some easy tips and tricks. You can order bulk meat in Brisbane and store it in the freezer only to make one recipe each day. You can make beef stroganoff for a family lunch or an evening Christmas party and this recipe is sure to be the showstopper.
- Step#1: The first and foremost step of your beef stroganoff is to make your tender meat. For the best quality beef sirloin, you have to get it from the best butcher Brisbane. Take 1kg of beef and cut it into cubes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step#2: Take ¼ cup of plain flour and coat each cube well with the flour. This will make sure that each beef cube browns evenly and develop a crispy exterior. This step is crucial for that crunchy outside and juicy meat inside. So, make sure you coat the meat properly.
- Step#3: Take a pan and heat little butter or oil and put the cubes into the pan to fry. Let them brown evenly on each side and don’t be afraid to sear. Searing develops a dark brown crust and adds a richer complexion to the beef. Once they become brown, take the pieces out and put them aside.
- Step#4: Onto the same pan, again add 2 tablespoons of butter and add 1 large sliced onion. Add salt and pepper to the onions and let fry till the onions become translucent brown. Now, add half a kilo of sliced mushrooms and let the vegetables caramelise.
- Step#5: Once the caramelising is done, add ¼ cup of cognac and mix everything. Then, add ¼ cup of plain flour to it and mix everything. Add 2 cups of beef broth along with the beef cubes and mix everything.
- Step#6: Once everything is in the pan let it simmer and reduce the sauce to a thick gravy. Add ½ cup of sour cream to the mixture and mix it well and voila! Your drool-worthy beef stroganoff is ready. Before serving add a bit of parsley.
You can enjoy it with any kind of pasta and vegetables. You can also enjoy it with bread. This is one recipe that can be enjoyed with everyone, especially during Christmas and New Year eve. If you are on a budget you can still make it by finding cheap meat Brisbane near you online. The recipe will still be equally tasty.
Enjoy your holiday season with such delightful recipes. Though it’s pandemic outside, you can still order online for meat delivery Brisbane.